Thursday, July 22, 2010

Optimism Holds the Key to Happiness

Along with pursuing my new dream of becoming an author, I also own and operate my own business. I am one of the lucky people who will not be satisfied working a job I am not happy in, just for the money. I have even been quoted by my boyfriend saying, "I don't care if we live in a cardboard box, as long as we are happy, healthy, and together". Being the sole owner and backbone of a business is definitely hard work and very stressful, but totally worth it. I get to wake up every day and do what I love. How many people get to say that? I truly believe that if everyone was in a job that they loved, then this world would be a better place. Maybe there wouldn't be world peace or anything, but there would definitely be less road rage, less divorce and deadbeat Dads, less abuse and less violence. I understand that not everyone has that choice, but what we do have is the ability to take a different outlook on our current situations. Whenever you are stressed, upset, depressed, angry, and hating life, just remember: it could always be worse. Make a choice, right here and right now, to look at life optimistically. Take more time for yourself, spend more time with your family, and remember to enjoy the wonderful little things that life has to offer. Before you take your anger out on someone else, stop and think about what they might be going through.
"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." - Helen Keller
amyjohnsen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment